Advanced Java Concepts
Following on from the Introduction to Java course, this course covers more advanced Java concepts such as Swing, Threads, XML and web services.
- Working with Swing: Your first Swing application, Event Handling, Inner Classes, the Graphics2D object, LayoutManagers, ActionEvents, Swing components…
- Threading: Basic threads, running multiple threads, thread-safe programming, synchronised methods and locking
- Basic XML processing in XML: Introduction to XML, generating XML data, introduction to the different ways of processing XML in Java (DOM, SAX, Stax, JAXB), and a more detailed look at annotation-based XML processing with JAXB.
- Web Services in Java: Introduction to Web Services, writing annotation-based web services with JAX-WS 2.0.
At the end of this two-day workshop, students will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of threading and thread-safe programming in Java
- Write client-side Java applications using Swing
- Work with XML in Java
- Work with Java Web Services